Further restrictions have been put in place in Germany since December 28 as the omicron variant of COVID-19 looms, causing the boot Dusseldorf leisure fair not to push through as planned.
According to a report, the RV show was initially scheduled for January 21-29.
On the bright side, the other fairs scheduled for the spring of 2022 and much further in the year in Dusseldorf are not affected by this decision.
North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) banned large events happening this month, following a meeting of the Minister Presidents on December 21.
“We have to continue to be very careful at the moment. The omicron variant is spreading in a dynamic we don’t yet know. But we have to act today. That is why we had already banned large football matches and sporting events with spectators in the current Covid Protection Ordinance. It is only logical that no large public fairs with many visitors from different regions and countries from all over the world take place in January either,” NRW Health Minister Karl-Josef Laumann said.
Dusseldorf Lord Mayor Dr. Stephan Keller also supports the state’s decision.
“Of course we had hoped that the pandemic situation in January would allow the boot to be held under strict hygiene conditions. But in the end, it is only consistent to do without large public fairs such as boot in order to contain the spread of the omicron variant. Even before the country’s ban, I agreed with the management of Messe Dusseldorf not to take an unjustifiable risk and to cancel boot if necessary.”
From the side of the trade fair, there is also a complete comprehension of the decisions of the government officials in light of the current pandemic and the challenges that will be encountered in the next few weeks.
Wolfram N. Diener, the CEO of Messe Dusseldorf, said: “The pandemic must be overcome as quickly as possible so that the trade fair industry can once again work with planning security for exhibitors and visitors. It is therefore with a heavy heart that we have to say goodbye to holding boot in January 2022,” he said.
“However, the decision of the state government is also in line with the wishes of many exhibitors who are very worried about participating in boot during the omicron wave. I ask all those involved for their understanding and support so that we can get back to work together in full force in 2023. The heartfelt thanks of the entire boot Dusseldorf team go to all exhibitors, associations, and partners who have stood by our side to date. I am sure that together we will head for a successful boot 2023, after hopefully surviving the crisis,” he added.
The next boot Dusseldorf will be held from January 21 to 29 next year.
Anyone who purchased tickets for the boot 2022 may request a refund by contacting the outlet they purchased their tickets from. Customers who purchased eTickets will be automatically refunded.