Campground owners and managers in the Mid-Atlantic region have an opportunity to learn from industry experts and network with peers at the 32nd Annual Mid-Atlantic Campground Conference & Trade Show (MAC) at the DoubleTree by Hilton SeaWorld in Orlando, Florida.
The conference, taking place from February 27 to March 1 will feature nine educational seminars, a trade show, and networking opportunities for attendees.
New Jersey Campground Owners Association Executive Director Joann DelVescio, in a press release, commented on the return of the conference to Florida, saying “the planning committee enjoyed being in Florida for the past 2 years; they elected to return in 2023.”
She said the main reason for choosing the location was the nice weather and the ability to move outside for socializing and networking.
DelVescio also highlighted that the conference is a great option for campgrounds that may not be able to attend larger conferences, as it offers an affordable option.
MAC’s schedule includes seminars on a variety of topics, such as “If Disney Ran Your Business – What Would It Look Like?”, “All Things Legal!”, and “Real Talk: Campground Management 101.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to meet with trade show exhibitors during the Exhibitor Luncheon and socialize with fellow campground owners and managers during the Annual Banquet.
In addition to the educational and networking opportunities, Visit Orlando has provided discounted tickets to attractions such as Disney World, Universal, and Sea World for conference attendees. There are also plans for a behind-the-scenes tour of Epcot and a tour of Fort Wilderness – Disney’s campground, DelVescio said in the release.
The conference fee, including all meals, seminars, and the trade show, is $250. The hotel rate is $159 per night. For vendors interested in exhibiting at the trade show, the cost is $350.
The 32nd Annual Mid-Atlantic Campground Conference & Trade Show provides valuable opportunities for campground owners and managers in the Mid-Atlantic region to learn from industry experts, network with peers, and gain insights on how to improve their businesses.
It’s a great chance for campground owners to get a head start on the upcoming season and to gain knowledge on how to improve their guest experience, marketing strategies, and legal issues.
Those interested in attending or would like more information, please contact Joann DelVescio at 609-545-0145 or NJCOA@CampNJ.com.
Below is the full schedule of seminars at the conference:
- If Disney Ran Your Business – What Would It Look Like? – John Formica – The Ex-Disney Guy
- All Things Legal! – Mark Hazelbaker, Esq.
- Attitude and Why It Matters! Lori Severson, President of Severson, and Associates
- Digital Marketing – Are You Into It?
- Real Talk: Campground Management 101 – Anita Pfefferkorn, Indian Rock RV Park and Lisa Torella, The Great Divide Campground
- SWOT Analysis of the Campground Industry – Nichole Poisson – Senior Manager Franchise Development, Kampgrounds of America, Inc.
- Employers’ Professional Liability and Why Are Premiums Increasing? A discussion on The Trend. – Warren Oliver – Senior Marketing Executive and Campground Insurance Specialist, Scirocco Insurance
- Elevating the Guest Experience or How To Stand Out In A Crowded Market – Rachel Godbout, Chief Operating Officer, Advanced Outdoor Solutions
- Understanding Diversity, Equality and Inclusion For You, Your Employees and Your Guests – Cavita Sawh, MS – The Ginsburg Center for Inclusion and Community Engagement, Office of Diversity Education and Training, University of Central Florida