In the heart of Las Vegas, Nevada, from November 6-10, the RV Dealers Convention/Expo will unfold, bringing together North America’s elite dealership personnel. This convention, more than just a networking event, serves as a beacon of knowledge, offering attendees a plethora of educational workshops tailored for various dealership roles.
One of the convention’s highlights is the panel discussion on cybersecurity. With the digital age in full swing, the importance of safeguarding dealerships against cyberattacks has never been more paramount.
Brad Stanek of The Stanek Group at Morgan Stanley will lead this pivotal discussion, offering attendees insights from leading cybersecurity experts and industry insiders.
As per a press release, during the workshop, attendees will delve into a comprehensive cybersecurity update, including:
• A current overview of the cyber insurance market.
• An exploration of what makes RV dealers particularly vulnerable to cyberattacks.
• An examination of the latest cybersecurity trends, equipping dealers with knowledge to navigate the ever-changing threat landscape.
• Specific actionable strategies that dealers can implement immediately for enhanced protection.
• Guidance on establishing and maintaining a culture of cybersecurity awareness, especially among non-technical employees.
In addition to Brad Stanek, the panel will feature esteemed experts such as David Darrell of IDS, Gene Giles of Brown & Brown, and Prashanth Challah, Head of Wealth Management Cybersecurity at Morgan Stanley.
Names, addresses, financial details, and more make RV dealerships a goldmine for cybercriminals. The FBI’s Internet Crime Report 2022 reveals a potential loss of $10.2 billion in 2022 due to identity theft.
Cybercriminals are not just opportunists; they are strategists. They employ a myriad of tactics, from phishing to ransomware attacks, to breach security defenses.
However, the RV industry is not standing idle. The National RV Dealers Association (RVDA) plays a pivotal role in advocating for dealerships, providing essential resources, and organizing events like the RV Dealers Convention/Expo to address such pressing issues.