RVshare, the largest peer-to-peer RV rental platform, finds that the top travel destinations and trends for fall 2021 continue to be driven by the desire for memorable trips and experiences. Looking at recent data, RVshare finds that national parks continue to be popular attractions, with Yellowstone National Park, Zion National Park, and the Grand Canyon still among the top ten destinations for September-November RV travel.
RVshare data also proves that out of the most frequently booked destinations for the next few weeks, nine out of the top 15 destinations are driven by major events & festivals.
Concerts, tailgates, and NASCAR races are all drawing waves of bookings, including the Rocklahoma music festival in Pryor, OK; Gorge Amphitheater in Washington, which plans to host outdoor concerts like Dave Matthews; Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama and State College, in Pennsylvania home to the Pennsylvania State Nittany Lions.
RV renters are seeking vehicles for more than just road trips, as RVs prove to be the most comfortable and turn-key options for camping events and hosting family and friends for memorable tailgating and festival weekends.
Top Event Destinations:
● Pryor, Oklahoma: hosting Born & Raised Music Festival (September 17-19)
● Fairburn, Georgia: hosting Imagine Music Festival (September 17-19)
● Live Oak, Florida: Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park & campground
● George, Washington: Location of Gorge Amphitheatre, an outdoor music festival with
an RV campground
● Lincoln, Alabama: home of Talladega Superspeedway, AL
● Bristol, Tennessee: home to Bristol Speedway and Race events
● State College, Pennsylvania
● Danville, Virginia: hosting Blueridge Country Festival (October 1-3)
● Florence, Arizona: hosted Country Thunder Music Festival (Sept. 10-12)
Top Shoulder Season Destinations (Sept-Oct):
● Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
● Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, Florida
● Zion National Park, Utah
● Las Vegas, Nevada
● Grand Canyon, Arizona
● Moab, Utah
Renters this fall are most frequently booking extended weekend trips ranging from four to five days. Heading into the winter season, as the weather cools down and inventory expands with more vehicle options, RVshare expects to see data trend towards long stays in warmer destinations such as Florida, Arizona, California, and Texas.
RVshare is the first and largest peer-to-peer RV rental marketplace. With more than 100,000 vehicles available, RVshare’s diverse inventory ranges from affordable travel trailers to luxury motorhomes and can accommodate any outdoor adventure, whether it’s a weekend of camping or a cross-country tour of national parks.
Through RVshare, families, and groups can experience a one-of-a-kind trip and create memories that will last a lifetime. In addition to offering a unique travel experience, RVshare provides RV owners in North America the opportunity to turn their RV into a second income. For more information, visit rvshare.com, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram @rvshare.