Airstream, Inc., maker of the iconic “silver bullet” travel trailer, announces Supplier Five Rivet Status for the 2021 fiscal year. Airstream launched the Five Rivet Supplier program in August of 2020, aimed at strengthening supplier partnerships through focused criteria tiers – quality, delivery, cost, service – that showcase overall supplier performance.
Awarded suppliers meet and exceed the following standards:
- Quality: Delivering defect-free products as well as minimizing warranty impact to customer base. Aligning our quality expectations to our suppliers’ quality performance is critical to the great experiences we strive to provide all customers.
- Delivery: Delivering products according to purchase order dates and within quoted lead time. On-time delivery allows Airstream to achieve its delivery commitments to its dealer base and customers.
- Cost: Delivering quality parts on time while at a competitive price. This category recognizes suppliers who are continuously looking for cost improvements while maintaining quality products.
- Service: Airstream is committed to the best customer experience in the RV industry, a great customer service experience with our suppliers is essential. Identifying and solving issues quickly and efficiently allows supply lines to continue moving.
The Five Rivet Supplier program serves not only to recognize excellence in the supply chain but also provides feedback to developing suppliers. Through this process, Airstream remains committed to high performance and excellent quality from its suppliers.
Airstream, Inc. proudly names its 2021 Five Rivet Status suppliers:
- Buckeye Electrical Products
- Electro Controls
- Ridge Corporation
- Thor Motor Coach
- Tim’s Custom Installation
- Top Stitch
“Airstream strives to provide great experiences for its customers, and that begins with strong supplier partnerships,” said Chris Rahrig, Airstream VP of Supply Chain. “Airstream is extremely grateful for these Five Rivet Suppliers – the performance they have demonstrated over the past year given the tremendous supply chain challenges is among the best in the industry.”
Moving into Airstream’s 2022 fiscal year, enhancements have been made to the program to closely align with Airstream’s successful Five Rivet Dealer program, focusing on customer feedback about their dealer experience and where dealers are recognized for their commitment to quality. The enhancements will perpetually move the target based on high performance.
Airstream, manufacturer of the iconic “silver bullet” Airstream® travel trailer, is the longest-tenured recreational vehicle manufacturer in the world. The company’s mission, as set forth by founder Wally Byam, is to create well-designed, high-quality products that allow people to follow their dreams and explore the world in home-like comfort. A steadfast commitment to Byam’s creed, “Let’s not make changes, let’s only make improvements,” has made the aluminum Airstream travel trailer a timeless classic. An unwavering focus on innovation keeps the company at the forefront of technology and customer experience in both the towable and motorized sectors. Airstream is based in Jackson Center, Ohio, where a team of skilled craftspeople hand builds each travel trailer and upfits every Mercedes-Benz® touring coach, adding daily to the brand’s reputation for quality and innovation. Learn more about Airstream, our dealers, and current travel trailer and touring coach models at airstream.com. For the latest news on Airstream, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Airstream, Inc. is a subsidiary of Elkhart, IN-based THOR Industries, Inc. (NYSE: THO). THOR is the sole owner of operating subsidiaries that, combined, represent the world’s largest manufacturer of recreational vehicles. For more information on THOR Industries and its products, please visit thorindustries.com.