A Queen Anne neighborhood is worried about their safety after an RV fire broke out nearby. This is only the latest problem they have with the RV’s location, a report said.
Julie, one of the residents said that sirens, RVs, and screaming were the main reasons many people in the area were awakened.
It took place just before 1 a.m. near the Hillside Motel, Aurora Avenue North, and McGraw Street.
Neighbors claim that this is just one of the many problems they have dealt with.
Julie stated that “over the summer there have just been constant daily explosions in this neighborhood, fireworks and explosions.”
They claim it is due to the empty motel.
Chris Goodwin owns a small business in the area and has experienced constant problems with how the building has been used.
Goodwin stated that the owners of the property have left it, and it has been taken over by drug dealers.
Andrew Lewis, a Seattle City Council member, has heard from him and other residents to voice their concerns. Lewis states that maintenance is the responsibility of the property owner.
Lewis stated that property owners have an obligation to secure their property and prevent it from being misused in ways that could be dangerous for public safety.
He said that if safety is not improved, the city must take action.
“If a property owner is unable to responsibly manage their property, then I believe the city has a responsibility, to take it and make it a public use. Lewis said that legislation can be passed by the city council.