The resort, located at 459 Kawishiwi Trail, is in discussions to sell to the new owner, who wants to add to the 12 cabins, 11 motel units, and 36 campsites currently in operation. The owner also plans to add to associated structures, such as the restaurant and lodge, a report said.
After a November 15 public hearing held in Two Harbors, the commission granted the conditional use permit. Lake County Environmental Services Specialist Tanya Feldkamp said that the following conditions must be fulfilled:
- Wetland delineation is required
- Demarcation of the property line on the northern border
- Quiet hours of 10 p.m.- 7 a.m. must be enforced
- No discharge of fireworks
- All outdoor fires must be limited to use at a designated fire ring
Residents and Fall Lake Town Board members expressed concern about safety issues arising from increased traffic once the campground is expanded. They also proposed to lower speed limits. The increase in tourism was viewed as beneficial to the region.