Minnesota‘s Blue Earth County has raised rates for three popular campgrounds it manages to take them to the same level as other regional public campgrounds.
Public Works Director Ryan Thilges told county commissioners on Tuesday that staff conducted an analysis of regional private and public campground charges, many of which were more expensive in comparison to Blue Earth County, according to a report.
The County Parks Advisory Board then recommended that the fees be raised.
Commissioners unanimously raised rates that range from $3 to $10 based on the property type.
Commissioners have noted that the new fees are similar to other public facilities but are lower than private campgrounds.
The county has campgrounds in Bray Park in Madison Lake, Daly Park near Mapleton, and Rapidan Dam Park.
The new daily rates are:
- Regular camping — $20
- Primitive camping — $20
- Electric RV site — $30
- Water hookup fee per day — $5
- Reservation fee per reservation (non-refundable) — $10
- Enclosed shelter fee — $50
- Open shelter fee — $40
- Reduced (senior & nonprofit) shelter fee per day — $30
- Senior citizen discount (Sunday-Thursday only) per day — $5