For the fourth consecutive year, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis will be releasing data on outdoor recreation’s economic impact, an RVIA News & Insights report said.
“Participation in outdoor recreation is currently undergoing its most significant expansion in decades,” said Jay Landers, RV Industry Association Vice President of Government Affairs.
“More Americans than ever are taking to RVing and the outdoors, and it’s critical to note the significant contributions being made to the broader American economy.”
ORR, RVIA members, state partners, recreation businesses, and the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) will be releasing the latest data on November 9. The fourth consecutive release of BEA data on outdoor recreation’s national and state economic impact will showcase how the industry supports jobs, communities, economies, and the quality of life.
The RV industry and Outdoor Recreation Roundtable were crucial in securing funding for the annual Outdoor Recreation Satellite Account (ORSA) report in 2019.
Presenters at the event will include:
- Lise Aangeenbrug – Executive Director, Outdoor Industry Association
- Dr. Mary Bohman – Acting Director, Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Steve Heese – President and CEO, Chris Craft
- Axie Navas – Director, New Mexico Outdoor Recreation Division
- Kelly Reisdorf – Chief Communications Officer, Vista Outdoor and General Manager, Venor
- Jessica Turner – Executive Director, Outdoor Recreation Roundtable
- Dirk van Duym – Research Economist, Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Patricia Washington – Economist, Bureau of Economic Analysis
Those who want to register may click here.