A couple with a new baby was almost killed during the first night of their caravan holiday, a report said.
Amber Yates said her young family almost lost their lives as she issued a carbon monoxide warning.
Amber, James, and baby Elliot, along with their dog Oakley, traveled from Lancashire to spend the holiday in their caravan.
They were forced to leave their caravan shortly after they arrived.
James required hospital treatment after the caravan trip.
“We traveled 200 miles with our caravan in order to meet up with friends we hadn’t seen in a while. Although we love to travel in our caravan every weekend, we took a break when we had a baby.”
“We unknowingly had been traveling without carbon monoxide detector batteries for a while without realizing it. It’s one of those things that just ‘happens’ to someone else.”
“Then, in the afternoon James thought of checking the carbon monoxide detector and found it was without batteries. He put three AA batteries into the alarm, which saved our lives 12 hours later.”